- Get Help
- Suicide Prevention
- Learn More
- Teaching About Suicide
- Honor a Loved One
- Community Campaign Shirt Order
- Shoe Memorial Registration
- Tshirt Design Guidelines
National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 Text HOPELINE 741741 Iowa Co. WI Hotline (800) 362-5717 Emergencies call 911
Get Involved & Honor a Loved One
Volunteer: Get involved with helping out at fundraisers, trainings, memorials walk or grant writing by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorial Walks in Area
Iowa County, WI (July) in Ridgeway "Suicide Memorial Walk"
Iowa County, WI (July) in Hollandale "Steps of Hope for Farmers"
Madison, WI (April) "Out of the Darkness"
Platteville, WI ( September) "Ben's Hope"
Sauk Prairie, WI ( September) "Hope"
Drop off Deadline - Friday, May 27
drop off the shoes and Identification Card at
Desiree's Hair Salon
246 High Street in Mineral Point
Shoes will be on display from Saturday, May 29 through Friday June 11, 2021
Staff photos by Marisa Wojcik |
Shoe displays commemorate those who took their own lives and help those in trouble realize they aren’t walking alone.
UCC Church will be sponsoring a Suicide Memorial of Shoes. Everyone is asked to bring a pair of shoes that represent the loved one you loss to suicide.
- IF you would like Suicide Prevention Coalition of Iowa County to supply a pair of shoes for your loved one please indicate that on your registration. We have numerous styles of shoes to display in your loved ones honor.
If Suicide Prevention is supplying the shoes, Please Click here to register
- Upload a photo and name to SPCICWI@gmail.com
Please place your name and phone number in the toe of the shoe for returning purposes.
(This is not needed if Suicide Prevention Coalition supplies the shoes.)
Bring the shoes to Keuler Insurance at 222 High Street in Mineral Point for people to observe and a banner explaining why they are there. You will be able to pick up your shoes at 4:00pm on Friday, June 1. Nightly the shoes will be brought inside to avoid theft or damage due to weather. The shoes then will be placed back on display in the morning.
If you are unable to pick up or drop off the shoes on that day please e-mail me (SPCICWI@gmail.com)
Please spread the word, this is very healing and non threatening way to get involved.
More Articles on Shoe Memorials:
Sacred Heart Hospital Healing Garden- Eau Claire, WI
Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco, CA
Honoring a Loved One
Honor them by what their love(s) in life were.
- Random Act of Kindness Tree : Cut and attach cards to large plant or in jar. (in library)
- Honor the Memory of Someone's Life
- Grief & the Holidays Dealing with the Pain
- 31 Ways to Remember a loved one during Christmas
- Heartfelt Ways to Honor A Loved one at Your Wedding
- 16 Ideas for Creating New Holiday Traditions after a Death
- Suicide Memorial Walk
- Flash mob- Organize a flash mob for awareness
- Mrs. Doubtfire Challenge
- Donate to Suicide Prevention Coalition of Iowa County Wisconsin
- Random acts of kindness - Printable card with suicide hotline number and information.
- Materials - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
- Web banners:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website & You Matter
- Awareness ribbons - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
Be part of our video.
Use your phone to film a short video of yourself saying “Stay.” And then finish the sentence: “I was made for _________.” Make sure to film the video in a well lit area with your phone turned horizontal, and then email your video to WSPD@twloha.com.